Latest News

Would you call off your engagement if your partner has a mouth or body odor?

A friend of mine visited recently and told me she was calling it off with her fiancé. I couldn’t understand why she wanted a break up so badly. This guy works in a blue chip company, earns well, is responsible and practically adores the ground she walks on. What else can a young woman ask for? ‘He is dirty” she blurted. ‘He’s got a terrible mouth and body odor. His breath is

far from fresh. He neither shaves nor washes his under wears. The thought of kissing him, nauseates me. I have tried to help him, but he thinks I’m unnecessarily being a nag.” I stood there for a few seconds gazing like a lost sheep. This guy surely does not come across as dirty. He is every inch a dude and always looked dapper. ‘Why did you wait this long to break up, I asked. ‘I tried to condone it. I thought he would change, but he just wouldn’t change. He has been like this his whole life and you can’t change a grown man. I cannot wake up every day of my life beside a man whom I cannot kiss instantly, till he has had a thorough brushing and a breath freshener”. She may be right; no one can change a grown man except he is ready and willing to.
Well, in my usual way, I told her that it was whoever that wears the shoes that would know where it pinches the most. If cleanliness was a deal breaker for her, then why not. No one plans to engage in anything that can result in an age long regret. I am of the opinion that the reason many relationships fail today is because of those preliminary signs that are often ignored. If you ever spot an unfavorable signal, do not relegate it, rather thrash it to see if it’s something you can tolerate or just can’t condone. Don’t be in a relationship that has the opposite of all your values and think you can magically swerve things to suit you. It is always better safe than sorry, but hey, those are my own values. I could be wrong.
What do you think? Lets discuss…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moment Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.