Latest News

My biggest challenge is that I’m of mixed race – Juliet Ibrahim


When asked about her biggest challenge, Juliet Ibrahim told The Punch:
“Sometimes, it is related with my colour.  The fact that I am of a mixed race makes people think that I receive preferential treatment. That is a huge misconception.  There are times my colour is a disadvantage and I cannot get certain roles. They would rather give the role to a dark-skinned actor especially if both parents are dark in the movie. Sometimes, the fair-complexioned actors are cast in the roles of husband snatchers and other bad characters. People don’t know that we go through a lot.  It has been very challenging to get a role that can elevate my talent.However, I am being told now that I am receiving more favours because of my fair complexion. It seems people now have issues with coloured people “

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moment Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.