Latest News

"my husband is God-sent" and "I Use Music To Save Life" Musician ADA EHI said

Ada Ehi an award winner and a gospel musician and also a faithful witness for Christ written on her twitter page has said it all today with her interview with the THISDAY and she opened up all major information about her self and career so far 
check are replies below  

What has been happening to you and your music lately?
A whole lot have been happening to my music!
So what is the latest?
I released a double disc album last November, titled, “Lifted” and  “So Fly” and we just released into the market a few weeks ago. Each in its first production is more than what my first (album) “Undenied” did in a year.  “So Fly” and “Lifted” contain 32 tracks and 4 bonuses. The CD “So Fly” (15 songs and two bonus tracks) contains popular Nigerian songs while “Lifted”, a 16-song and two-bonus tracks album contain alternative rock songs and more. The album features special guest appearances from Samsong, Eben, Victor Ike, Protek, TB1, Mike Abdul and Frank Edwards with production by the likes of Okey Sokay, Oluwole, Iyke Onka, Frank Edwards, Wole Oni and more.

Why double disc album at a time and how long did it take to do that?
I didn’t plan to have a double disc album but I am a song writer and I am gifted in my writing and I had quite a number of good songs and it is not for me; I am a gospel artist and I minister to people through music, so it is not for me to choose what I want to do but as it is led by the Spirit.
I had a lot of songs and I recorded over 50 good songs and then they were of different genres- pop and dancehall. So it was a later decision in August last year that my management decided to separate theme do to the genres. So it was not like a planned thing. It just happened that way because it got to a point where we put out over 35 tracks and we just decided that we should group them according to the genres.
So has your double disc album been faring in the music industry?
It has faired beyond expectations.
Before this, how many albums have you produced?
I has just one and we revamped that and added some more songs to it.
What inspires your music?
Like I said, I am a gospel singer, I preach. So I preach.  I have a lot to say. I am a living expression of God and so I am inspired all the time. I am called to do this so I do not till any physical thing does inspire me. I have to preach and so I preach. Just that I sing my messages.
Are you an ordained minister of God?
No, I am not ordained but I function in the office of a pastor.
How has music been for you, especially as regard gospel music?
It is a privilege to be known for Jesus. You could be known for so many things but when you are known for Jesus, I think it is highest honour in Life. And then gospel music is a ministry. You are employed by divinity. Words are not enough to express the satisfaction you get from witnessing lives changed from the impact of music.  The content you provide is not just for now but   goes into eternity.  So it is over and above everything that I could sum into words; the impact on people’s lives – I have countless testimonies of people who would have committed suicide, people who were drug addicts and so on. So you could imagine so many people would have been dead if I had not sang. 
People, who would have been dead today if not for my songs, have listened to my music and changed for the better, not just in Nigeria but also in other countries of the world. And then I see a lot of young people being inspired by my music.  I see a lot of singing today and I can hear a lot of myself in their music. It is very fulfilling and then in terms of rewards, like the physical reward, I think gospel music is one of the financial rewarding institutions because the average family in Nigeria is very religious and the average mother wills rather the children listen to healthy content as against sensual and seductive content. So in the real fact, the best selling artistes are the gospel artistes against the other ones who only have a lot of media euphoria.
How did you start your music?
I have always been singing gospel music. I was born into a musical family. My father is an engineer while my mother is psychologist and an educationist but they were both very well in choir so I have been exposed right from childhood to music. When I was growing up, I was in Tosin Jegede’s singing group right from my primary school and we were all over the place.
At what point did you decide to take music as a profession?
I have always wanted to sing all my life. It was just that I had to strike a deal with my parents to finish school and then do whatever I wanted to do. So I went to school to study engineering but as soon as I dropped my pen, I didn’t even go for any other thing. I didn’t even do the usual clearing at school, I didn’t do my youth service. I just took off and that was it. I am yet to pick up my certificate at school.
So why did you chose to study engineering when you knew that wasn’t the path you would follow?
I thought I was going to be a doctor. But medicine has a lot of stories. But engineering is Mathematics; it is calculation and straight to the point if you know the formula. So I just felt Engineering is five years and Medicine is six years plus so I went for the one that was shorter and simple. I guess I was very smart at doing that.

So were you able to make good grade?
Yes, I finished with good grade. It was a double honour I had. I studied double course - Chemical and Polymer Engineering. And while I was in school I was always around studios and I had already had musical relationship with some very big gospel musicians as at that time.
What else do you do if you are not in the studio doing a song or somewhere writing a song?
I do a lot of traveling and ministering and so I have a very busy schedule. So I am always meeting with people, performing and ministering in and outside the church and then I also spend time to listen to music, I spend time with the Holy Ghost and I spend time to pray and also spend to rejuvenate myself because if you keep giving and you don’t replenish, you would run out. So I spend time listening to music and messages.
I read my Bible, pray and listen to God.  So everything I do comes under music. Soon I would be going on a tour of campuses around Africa. I am touring like 15 major campuses around Africa this year to start with. I have a whole lot of followers on campuses and this tour is more like a connection for me.  There are so many people who are familiar with my songs and yet they are not familiar with my face and then there is a need for the gospel on campuses because a lot of personalities are made or broken on campuses.
A lot of people finally make up their minds on the path they would take in life on the campuses and if they are influenced positively by a healthy music like mine, the better the decision they would take. There is a whole lot of music out there but not all of them are actually helpful or contribute positively to the person, so it is necessary for people like us who sing wholesome music to connect with the young people on campuses.
Are you married?
Yes.
How did you meet your husband?
I met him in church while I was in school. I studied at the Lagos State University, Epe Campus. I finished 2008.  We attend the same church and I was very committed in church, so one of those Sundays when we were doing some special duties, I bumped into him and we became good friends. As at that time I was still a recording artiste and in 300 level. He was working with Pastor Chris when I met him and I got married at 27.
How would you describe your husband?
He is a gift from God. He is my best friend and he is my number one fan and very supportive. You know when God calls you; He makes everything available and just take care of everything about you. So my husband is God-sent, just like I am God-sent to him. We are blessed with a daughter. I am a product of grace and my growth has been very peculiar. When I dropped my pen, Loveworld Records picked me up. When I dropped my pen, God took care of everything about my career because I gave Him my all and all.
Who are your role models?
I have a whole lot of role models. First all is Rev. Chris Oyakhilome. He sings but he taught me the undiluted word of God and for that I am eternally grateful. It is easy to preach but it is also easy to mislead people because it is not everyone that has a clear understanding of God’s word like he does. He has been able to communicate it effectively into my spirit and he has been so supportive of my ministry. With Pastor Chris, I wouldn’t be who I am today.  And then a whole other of role models are in my church fortunately.  So I get to see them and also experience them make music, which is amazing. I get to experience Buchi, Franklin Edwards and Sinach make music and I work with a whole lot of them. They listen to my music and make contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moment Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.